I often go to a particular shop which sells a very delicious butter cookies. And this day, I thought of making my version. I'm glad it turned out nice. Just need to practice more to achieve the texture I'm looking for.
Makes: 30 pieces (depends on what shape)
Prep: 15 minutes + cooling
Baking: 15 minutes
flaked almonds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Whisk butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Whisk in the egg then fold in the self-raising flour and vanilla essence.
- Put the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth.
- Flatten the dough to a thickness of a finger and cut it depending on shapes you want.
- Place the shaped dough on baking trays, allowing room for spreading. If liked, stud with flaked almonds.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until light browned.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container.