Stir Fry Vegetables with pork:
2 tbsp oil
3 cloves of garlic
1 medium size onion
250 g lean meat of pork (cut thinly)
1 vegetable cube or pork cube (dissolved in ½ cup of water)
½ cup of water
2 medium size sweet potatoes (diced)
200 g fine beans (Baguio beans) (sliced)
1 medium size carrot (chopped)
1 small size cabbage (shredded)
1 pack tofu (diced in small pieces)
2 tbsp of fish sauce
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp pepper
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp cornstarch (diluted in ¼ cup of water)
2 cup water
8 tbsp brown sugar
3 gloves (minced)
For stir-fry vegetables:
- Heat the pan/wok and pour-in the oil.
- Sauté garlic and onion.
- Add the pork and cook until light brown.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and sweet potatoes. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, beans, cabbage and fish sauce, cover the wok. Again, stir and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are cooked enough for you.
- Lastly, add the tofu and season with salt and pepper. Simmer again for 5 minutes. Set aside while you make the sauce.
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Dissolve the brown sugar.
- Pour the soy sauce then mix well.
- Turn down the heat to low and pour the diluted cornstarch in the saucepan.
- Mix constantly until sauce becomes thick.
Pour the sauce on top of cooked vegetables and top with crushed peanut and minced garlic. Serve hot.