500 g minced beef
250 g mushrooms
1 tbsp Olive Oil
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
1 medium sized onion (chopped)
1 medium sized carrot (chopped)
1 red bell pepper (chopped)
500 g tomato sauce
500 g lasagne white sauce
250 g lasagne pasta sheet
Salt and pepper to taste
2tbsp parmesan cheese
This is how you do it:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6 while you cook the Bolognese sauce.
- Heat the Olive oil in a pan. Sauté garlic and onion then add the minced beef. Stir-fry the beef until browned. Add the carrots and mushroom. Then put the tomato sauce. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add the red bell pepper before adding salt and pepper to taste. After a minute, remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta sheet based on package instruction. Drain and get ready for layering.
- Grease your ovenproof dish measuring 200 (about 20 cm x 30 cm) and layer the lasagne starting with Bolognese, followed by sheets, then white sauce (click here to see how to make the white sauce). Repeat the layering pattern using the rest of the ingredients. On the final layer, sprinkle the parmesan cheese.
- In the pre-heated oven, bake the lasagne for 40 minutes or until pasta is cook enough for you. If it begins to brown quickly, cover the dish with foil during cooking. For fan assisted oven, time of cooking might be reduced.
- Serve hot with garlic bread on the side.
Linked to FoodTripFriday