It took me 1 hour to prepare and cook this pasta dish. I choose farfelle made from organic wheat for the pasta and a selection of my husband favourite Italian red wine called Ogio Primitivo.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 250 grams of pasta farfelle
- 350 grams lean pork fillet (thinly sliced and pounded)
- 200 grams of mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- pinch of saffron threads
- 6 tablespoons double cream
- 10 quail eggs (hard-boiled)
- 200ml red wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of tomato purée or tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano (finely chopped)
Procedure of cooking the sauce:
- Using a heavy -based saucepan, heat the oil and sauté the onion until transparent.
- Add your choice of red wine, tomato sauce and oregano.
- Cook in low heat to reduce and set aside while you cook the pork.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the pork for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the red wine sauce that you set aside.
- Cook in low heat for 20 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add the double cream and cook for few minutes.
- While cooking the pork, boil water with salt in a large heavy-based saucepan.
- Put the lemon juice, saffron thread and farfelle pasta. Cook for 11-15 minutes or until tender (do not overcook the pasta so it won't be difficult to digest).
Sharing with Food Trip Friday.